Big Cloud Fabric plug-in for vSphere Web Client and vSphere HTML5 Client is an important part of the Big Cloud Fabric integrated solution with VMware vSphere, that adds additional benefits for provisioning and visibility specifically for vSphere VM administrators. This plug-in is the industry’s first SDN fabric solution to be certified under the VMware-Ready SDDC Management and Orchestration program. The plug-in provides a unified view of Big Cloud Fabric configuration corresponding to multiple vCenters that are connected to a single or multiple BCF pods. It allows to easily take a virtual machine and map its virtual network configuration to what is provisioned on the physical fabric. Big Cloud Fabric path trace capability is extended to the plug-in in order to provide end to end communication path visibility between 2 VMs or VMkernels. Finally, BCF layer 3 gateway can be configured from plug-in for routing between vSphere port groups.
Screen shot #1
Screen Shot #2 and #3
BENEFITS: What are the benefits of Big Cloud Fabric for vSphere and its Plug-in?
- BCF is an SDN-based open networking switching fabric that supports the industry-leading VMware vSphere server virtualization environment to provide network connectivity for ESXi hosts
- The BCF Controller acts as a single pane of glass for network admins to get VM-level visibility across the entire fabric.
- Centralized controller reduces management consoles by over 60:1, streamlining configuration, and enabling rapid innovation
- The operational benefits offered by the solution and the Capex savings from Open networking hardware enables 40% overall TCO savings compared to traditional solutions.
- The BCF integration with vSphere along with the plug-in provides enhanced visibility and physical network deployment simplification for VM admins
For more information, visit VSX: http://bit.ly/2vJTrak
VIDEO: Watch it in Action – Big Cloud Fabric Plug-in for vSphere Web Client / HTML5 Client Plug-in Solution by Big Switch: http://bit.ly/2x5Msvf
Bala Ramachandran Director, Product Management, Big Switch Networks May Tong Business Development Manager, VMware
Journey to a vSphere HTML Client Ecosystem: Deep Dive with Big Switch Networks
One of the strengths of VMware is the power of its ecosystem of partners. VMware is accelerating its development of the vSphere HTML client. Come to this session to hear from the vSphere client team and from Big Switch Networks, a partner who has developed the Big Cloud Fabric plugin for the vSphere HTML client. We will discuss how the plugin enables network automation and visibility, the use cases targeted, and Big Switch’s experience developing with the new vSphere HTML SDK. We will also discuss upcoming advancements and direction of the vSphere client SDK, certification, and give you a chance to share your thoughts on extending the capabilities of the vSphere platform.
Bala Ramachandran, Director, Product Management, Big Switch Networks
Yiting Jin, Product Line Manager , VMware