Automating OpenStack Clouds with Unified Physical + Virtual SDN Fabrics
Big Cloud Fabric™ supports seamless integration with OpenStack through the Neutron plugin for L2/L3 networking and L4-7 service insertion. With the Big Cloud Fabric Controller and Horizon dashboard enhancements from Big Switch Networks®, managing both physical and virtual switching infrastructure in the data center from a single pane of glass is now a reality!
Take the Big Switch Networks SDN Challenge!
OpenStack infrastructure teams and end users benefit from simplified network deployment for existing or new pods, streamlined application deployment workflows, enhanced analytics and simplified troubleshooting across physical and virtual environments. With Big Cloud Fabric, OpenStack networks are 8x faster to setup initially, 12x faster to configure, deploy applications and troubleshoot, and 20x faster when upgrading. The ACG Research report provides a detailed analysis: The Economic Advantages of Open SDN Fabrics
Looking for some proof points? Check out:
- Case Study: Industry’s Largest NFV Deployment: Collaboration between Red Hat, Dell and Big Switch Networks for a tier-1 US Service Provider embracing large scale NFV deployments on OpenStack with SDN
- Verified Scale Report: Industry’s First 300 node OpenStack Pod: Dell, Mirantis & Big Switch Networks showcase the industry’s largest OpenStack data center pod
- Chaos Monkey Stress Testing Report: Mirantis OpenStack and Big Cloud Fabric with Neutron using Big Data Benchmarks
Big Switch Networks Switch Light™ software is deployed on open networking switches (Switch Light™ OS) as well as on virtualized KVM servers (Switch Light Virtual). Its OpenStack Neutron plugin for L2+L3 networking provides resiliency necessary for production-grade OpenStack deployments. The Big Cloud Fabric Controller acts as the single pane for provisioning, troubleshooting, visibility and analytics of the entire physical and virtual network environment.
Important features include:
- Distributed L2 isolations and L3 routing within BCF
- Distributed NAT (Floating IP & PAT) on Switch Light Virtual
- End-to-end visibility and troubleshooting across virtual & physical workloads, with:
- Enhanced Test Path feature
- Security Group visibility
- Physical + Virtual statistics & analytics
- Validated L4-L7 Services Integration (LBaaS, FWaaS)
- Supported deployment uses cases include OpenStack Private Clouds, VDI, Big Data and Storage Pods and NFV.