Accton Group, Edge-core Networks and Big Switch Networks® are accelerating the adoption of advanced networking solutions in next-generation data centers, today.
The companies are partnering to deliver Big Monitoring Fabric™ and Big Cloud Fabric™ SDN applications through SwitchLight OS® on Edge-core Open Networking Switches.
Big Switch Networks packages technology components into fabric solutions, bringing Software Defined Networks (SDN) advanced feature sets to you at competitive price points. We are working to apply these core technologies to many key networking markets - starting with data center and monitoring networks.
By packaging Edge-core Open Networking Switches into Open SDN Fabric Solutions, customers are now transforming the way production networks deployed, operated and maintained. For years, hyperscale data center operators have been enjoying the benefits of open networking: automated and accelerated provisioning of network capacity and services, greater control over the development of enhanced network services, flexibility to work with best-in-class suppliers, reduced network equipment expenses, and reduced operating expenses. Through partnerships such as this, open network benefits are now available for many network use cases.
The Big Cloud™ Fabric
Next-Gen DataCenter Switching Fabric
Big Cloud Fabric is the industry’s first data center fabric built using Edge-core open networking switches and SDN controller technology. Embracing hyperscale data center design principles, the Big Cloud Fabric solution enables rapid innovation, ease of provisioning and management, while reducing overall costs, making it ideal for current and next-generation data centers.
Some of the typical BCF deployment scenarios include:
- Private/Public Clouds - OpenStack (Nova or Neutron) / VMware (NSX or vSphere) / CloudStack
- High Performance Computing / Big Data / Software Defined Storage Pods
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Pods
The Big Monitoring™ Fabric
Simple, Scalable & Economical Monitoring for Pervasive Security.
Big Monitoring Fabric is a next-generation Network Packet Broker (NPB) that’s been designed from the ground-up to build a pervasive visibility and security fabric. Using an SDN-centric architecture, Big Mon enables scale-out fabric for enterprise-wide monitoring, single pane of glass for operational simplicity, and multi-tenancy for multiple IT teams (NetOps, DevOps, SecOps) to simultaneously perform network monitoring using out-of-band or inline tools and policies.
With Big Monitoring Fabric scale-out architecture, simplified operations and bare metal switch economics, it is rapidly becoming an attractive replacement for NPBs, creating a few popular use cases:
- Enable Pervasive Security (monitor inline and out-of-band - global visibility with dynamic mitigation)
- Monitor Every Rack or Location (monitor every link in the network and remote DCs/POPs/sites)
- 4G / LTE Traffic Visibility (monitor tunneled control and data traffic)
Edge-core Open Networking
Edge-core Networks develops and delivers industry leading Open Networking hardware and software products for Data Centers, Telecommunications Service Providers, Managed Service Providers, and Enterprises.
Edge-core Networks is a leader in the open network ecosystem, delivering complete solutions to customers with a broad set of partners.
- delivers leading open network hardware, leveraging silicon from leading technology partners;
- is the leading network contributor to current open source software communities including OCP, ONF, OpenSwitch, and Microsoft SONiC;
- is the leading network hardware partner to current commercial software partners for NOS, SDN, NFV and Orchestration;
- develops value-add software applications for leading open software platforms;
- delivers and supports solutions through leading integrators, solution providers, and brite-box partners.