Big Switch Momentum Continues with Triple Digit Growth During Fiscal Year 2017, Fueled By Product Innovation and Geographic Expansion
Company Positioned in Visionaries Quadrant of Gartner Data Center Networking Magic Quadrant; Secures $30.7MM Incremental Funding
Santa Clara, CA (August 22, 2017) -- Big Switch Networks®, The Next-Generation Data Center Networking Company, today announced it experienced triple digit growth during its fiscal year 2017, ending July 31. Key contributing factors that led to Big Switch’s growth include: a unique product portfolio including Big Monitoring Fabric™(Big Mon) and Big Cloud Fabric™ (BCF); a leveraged sales approach via partnerships with Dell EMC, Edgecore and HPE reselling Big Switch software; and a rapidly expanding geographical footprint. In FY17, Big Switch deepened its partnerships with Dell EMC, Red Hat, VMware, and more than 30 other technology partners, and initiated partnerships with HPE, Nutanix and others; and continued to focus on product innovation and industry thought leadership.
“As customers are increasingly looking for an alternative to the status quo and complexity of legacy switching designs, they are increasingly choosing next-gen network monitoring and switching solutions from Big Switch,” said Douglas Murray, CEO, Big Switch Networks. “Fiscal year 2017 saw many milestones for the company related to product innovation, customer wins, revenue and growth. I remain grateful in the trust that our customers put in us and I am incredibly proud of our team and its continued near-flawless execution.”
- Revenue growth exceeded 115% in FY17, fueled by growth in the US, with the Americas growing 125% YoY
- 6,000+ active users on BSN Labs, a hands-on demo environment in the cloud that enables those interested with the opportunity to experience the technical differentiation, management CLI and intuitive GUI of BCF and Big Mon
- Top 20 customers grew there spend nearly 70% and there were nearly 500 customer transactions during the fiscal year
- Most established verticals: Telco, Information Technology, Financials and Federal Government
- More than 200% YoY growth from channel GTM
- Big Switch conducted Voice of Customer research using the platform TechValidate[i], overall findings from our surveys indicated that customers have experienced meaningful improvements in network agility, automation, scalability, CAPEX and OPEX. To learn more about the survey results read our blog: What Big Switch Customers are Saying
- Announced new funding of $30.7MM, to support product innovation, continued geographical expansion and increased headcount
- Ernst and Young named Douglas Murray and Kyle Forster as finalists for EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Northern California
- Gartner positioned Big Switch in the Visionaries Quadrant of the 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking[ii], marking the first time a “software-only” vendor has been included.
- Big Switch Networks received the following accolades: JMP Securities Super 60; CRN SDDC 50; CRN Data Center 100; Information Week’s Top 125 Vendors to Watch; Finalist, Modern Infrastructure Impact Awards from Tech Target; Finalist, DCS Awards Data Centre Cloud Project of the Year
- Big Switch Networks was certified as a great place to work by the GPTW Institute, receiving a 93% overall satisfaction rating from employees; named a “Career Launching” company by Wealthfront
- Big Switch increased global headcount by 50% during FY17, including the appointments of Wendell Laidley, CFO and Susheel Chitre, VP of Business Development
- Introduced BigSecure Architecture, a next-gen DDoS attack mitigation architecture
- Introduced new capabilities for Big Mon, including: Dynamic VM Monitoring, Container Monitoring and Public Cloud Monitoring
- Introduced new capabilities for Big Cloud Fabric, including:
Comprehensive networking support for hyper-converged solutions powered by VMware vSAN and virtual desktop and application solutions with VMware Horizon
Multi-container networking support for Mesosphere DC/OS and Kubernetes container orchestration platforms supporting container workloads, OpenStack private clouds and NFV deployments
- The leading use cases for Big Mon include: 10G/40G/100G Data Center Visibility; VM, Container or Cloud Visibility, DMZ Security Tool Chaining and Multi-tenant Security Monitoring
- The leading use cases for Big Cloud Fabric include: VMware SDDC workloads, OpenStack private clouds and NFV deployments, and Container Networking
- Deepening partnership with Red Hat fueled by joint customer wins; BCF is certified for Red Hat OpenStack Platform and received Prime Designation for Red Hat OpenShift for production-ready container networking
- Deepening partnership with VMware, fueled by joint customer wins; extended BCF vSphere support to vSphere Integrated Containers
[i] Big Switch customer surveys were conducted using third party research platform TechValidate. To see results of this research: TechValidate Research Library - Big Switch Networks
[ii] Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking" by Danilo Ciscato, Mark Fabbi, Andrew Lerner, 03 July 2017.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Big Switch Networks
Big Switch Networks is the Next-Generation Data Center Networking Company. We disrupt the status quo of networking by designing intelligent, automated, and flexible networks for our customers around the world. We do so by leveraging the principles of software-defined networking (SDN), coupled with a choice of industry-standard hardware. Big Switch Networks has two solutions: Big Monitoring Fabric, a Next-Generation Network Packet Broker, which enables pervasive security and monitoring of data center and cloud traffic for inline or out-of-band deployments and Big Cloud Fabric, the industry's first Next-Generation switching fabric that allows for choice of switching hardware for OpenStack, VMware, Container, and Big Data use cases. Big Switch Networks is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. For additional information, email email@example.com, visit www.bigswitch.com or follow us on Twitter @bigswitch and LinkedIn.
Big Switch Networks, the Big Switch Logo, Big Cloud Fabric, Big Monitoring Fabric, BigSecure, Big Chain, Switch Light OS, and Switch Light VX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Big Switch Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered marks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.